April S. Buchner, CPMÂ®, CCAMÂ® Co-Founding Principal & CFO
April has overall responsibility for Corporate Accounting & financial reporting functions.
April has enjoyed a 27 year career in the commercial real estate and telecommunications industries. Her professional experience in real estate encompasses strategic planning, acquisition/disposition due diligence, property management, leasing, vendor management, budgeting, profit & loss accountability, and financial analysis/reporting on high profile master-planned and institutionally managed projects.
As a Co-Founding Principal of Mar West Real Estate, Inc., April brings to the firm a deep background in commercial real estate, complimented by cellular broadcast tower leasing/management, and high-speed Internet access and telecommunications services. During her employment with CB Richard Ellis, Tooley & Company and The Muller Company as a Sr. Property Manager, April performed property management on a variety of commercial buildings, commercial associations & common areas. Larger assignments included Koll Center Newport (1.3 mm sq. ft. high-rise, mixed use property with multiple ownership entities & large common area), Orange Financial Center (385,000 sq. ft. Mid-Rise Office building), and Stadium Towers Plaza (315,000 sq. ft. high-rise office building).
April contributes her time outside the office to the Make-A-Wish Foundation helping to grant heart-felt wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions, Junior Achievement to teach kids certain aspects of fiscal and social responsibility, and to Comfort Zone Camps (bereavement camps) as a Big Buddy to children who have lost a sibling, parent or primary care giver.
- B.S. Business Administration- Entrepreneurship, California State University-Fullerton - Graduated Cum Laude
- A.S. Business Administration, Irvine Valley College - Graduated Cum Laude
- CPMÂ® designation from the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- CCAMÂ® designation from the California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
- Numerous industry specific continuing education courses
- Storm Water Pollution Protection Programs (SWPPP) - Certification- 2007
Licenses, Affiliations & Recognitions
- California Real Estate Salesperson - Licensed
- Institute of Real Estate ManagementÂ® - Certified Property ManagerÂ® and Member
- California Association of Community Managers- Certified Community Association Manager (CCAM)
- Toastmasters InternationalÂ® Past President, Newport Center Toastmasters
- Toastmasters InternationalÂ® Past Mentor- Irvine Chamber of Commerce Toastmasters
- Make-A-Wish FoundationÂ® - Wish Grantor and Speaker
- Junior AchievementÂ® - Mentor/Instructor
- Volunteer "Big Buddy" - Comfort Zone Camps ( Bereavement camps for kids )
- Named a â€śWoman of Influenceâ€ť in 2011 by Real Estate Forum Magazine